Chapter Choice Award
2012 Chapter Choice Winners — Florida Gulf Coast Chapter
The recipients of the 2012 Chapter Choice Award was the Florida Gulf Coast Chapter, whose efforts went toward supporting “Barbara’s Friends.” This is a children’s cancer facility that provides resources to fulfill the treatment and educational needs of the pediatric oncology and hematology patient population and their families at the Children’s Hospital of Southwest Florida. The facility's goal is to keep families together and provide local treatment so that these families are able to keep some normalcy in their lives and allow parents to stay physically and emotionally close to their sick child.
To help support Barbara's Friends, the proceeds from the chapter's annual golf tournament have been dedicated to this worthy cause for the last four years. This year in June, the chapter was able to raise $16,500. And due to an anonymous donor who matched the funds, the total donation was $33,000, a record the chapter intends to beat each year.
Chapter Choice Award Information
Implemented in 1996, the HFTP Chapter Choice Award was introduced at HFTP Leadership Summit to reward and recognize chapter success stories.
Procedures:Chapter Choice Form>
New Information on award presentations for 2013! Click Chapter Choice Criteria link below.
Chapter Choice Criteria >Current Winners
Chapters may consider submitting an entry on new innovative ideas and/or philanthropic opportunities occurring between November 1 and September 1 of each fiscal year.
Chapter Membership Awards
The Chapter Membership Awards are back:
· Each chapter will be automatically enrolled for the Chapter Membership Awards
· There will one winner from each level for this awards: Level A (1-35), Level B (36-70), Level C (71-100), Level D (101+)
· There will be (4) four Chapter Membership Awards Categories: Growth, Recruitment, Retention and Certification
· Winners of each level will be recognized during the Leadership Summit Social Event on day (1) one of the conference
· Winners are calculated and determined by the HFTP Global Office