March 6, 2014, 2:00 p.m. CSTHow Emerging Technologies are Making it Simpler for You to Increase Revenue at Your Club
1. Why you should look into allowing your members to pay with credit cards. No longer do clubs have to be burdened with the processing fees that have kept many from allowing credit card payments previously. New technologies allow you to legally pass this processing fee to members who want the ability to pay with a credit card and earn points et.
2. Understand why Facebook is a must.
3. Learn the keys to Google Analytics success.
4. Understand why you are missing out on revenue by not allowing your members to make online reservation
April 3, 2014, 2:00 pm CST
What is PCI?
Presented by Bob Russo, General Manager, PCI Security Standards Council
1. Provide a brief overview of the PCI Security Standards Council and the PCI Standards.
2. Discuss the latest PCI standards updates and initiatives for 2014.
3. Highlight ways to use PCI SSC resources and training programs to address payment security challenges.April 17, 2014, 2:00 pm, CSTSecurity Payments in a Changing World with PCI Presented by Bob Russo, General Manager, PCI Security Standards Council
Learning Objectives:1. Provide a brief overview of the PCI Security Standards Council and the PCI Standards2. Provide guidance on understanding and applying PCI DDS to secure payments in emerging technology and business environments, such as EMV chip, mobile, cloud computing and e-commerce3. Highlight PCI participation opportunities and resources for the hospitality industryREGISTER April 24, 2014, 2:00 pm, CSTSecurity as a Lifecycle Presented by Bob Russo, General Manager, PCI Security Standards Council
Learning Objectives:1. Provide recommendations on how to plan ahead for PCI Compliance.2. Discuss how to build a security lifecycle into a business.REGISTER
Date TBDPreparing an Accounting Manual
Presented by John D. Daum, CPA, Partner, Matthew P. O'Dell, CPA, Partner, Scott Z. derBoghossian, Supervisor, Condon O'Meara McGinty & Donnely LLP
Today's auditing standards recommend clubs to document their accounting procedures. Lack of documentation can be considered a deficiency in internal controls. Don't let your auditors write you up! This session will discuss how to develop an accounting procedures manual and what key documentation and steps need to be employed in conducting various accounting tasks. This session will not only focus on the role of the accounting staff, but also the general manager, treasurer and other officers and committees.
1. Have a better understanding of the necessity and benefits of an accounting procedures manual.
2. Understand what should be in the manual and how it should be streamlined and compiled.
3. Ability to present the finished manual to your club's general manager and board and get approval for use.Registration opens soon.