ProLinks webinars are offered throughout the year at no cost to HFTP members and $50.00 for non HFTP members. Attend these online courses from the comfort of your office and gain valuable knowledge while earning continuing education credits.
HFTP member CHAE or CHTP designees may view any of the archived recordings and earn educational credits that may be applied toward your current renewal cycle.
November 10, 2016 - 2:00 - 3:00 PM Central Time
Chapter Leadership Series:
Tips, Tools and Support for Chapter Leaders
What are the essential tips and tools for leading local chapters from HFTP Global? The HFTP Chapter Relations Coordinators will provide an overview of important components of chapter management, including affiliation agreement requirements, logo standards and guidelines, and online tools available for leaders. Learn how to tap into the support from global to lead with success!
1. Learn what is required from chapters in the HFTP Global Chapter Affiliation Agreement.
2. Explore tools available to chapter leaders for chapter management.
3. Find out what support HFTP Global provides to affiliated chapters.
Victoria Schaefer is Chapter Relations Coordinator for HFTP. Barbara Semeraro is Chapter Relations Coordinator for HFTP.
Specialty Reporting Area: General
November 15, 2016, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Central Time
Cutting Edge Technologies for Private Clubs
Historically, clubs have been behind the technology curve – embracing new technologies many years after their adoption by other industries. But times are changing, and the private club industry is accelerating its implementation of new and exciting technologies. This session will review four “cutting edge” technologies just starting to gain traction in the private club industry: mobile apps, AP automation, virtual credit cards and a focus on cyber security. We’ll discuss how these technologies actually work, what they cost, and how they are making a significant impact on the “early adopter” clubs using them. And of course, we’ll answer your questions as the session progresses.
1. Learn about the features available with mobile apps for clubs and how they operate.
2. Discover how AP automation works and its benefits to a private club.
3. What is a virtual credit card, how does it work and its benefits to a private club.
4. Discuss the four legs of the Cyber Security Platform and why each is important.
Bill Boothe is president of The Boothe Group, LLC. Jeremy Hoch is president and owner of Anchor Consulting Services.
Specialty Reporting Area: Technology
December 7, 2016 - 9:30 - 10:30 AM Central Time
Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry
HFTP's first spanish-language webinar, learn about the changes made to the newest edition of the Uniform System of Accounts for the Lodging Industry, 11th Revised Edition.
Arlene Ramirez, CHAE, CHE, CHIA, MBA is principal at ADR Hospitality Consulting and HFTP Global President.
Specialty Reporting Area: Finance
December 8, 2016, 2:00 - 3:00 p.m. Central Time
Preparing an Accounting Manual
Today’s auditing standards recommend clubs document their accounting procedures and lack of this documentation can be considered a deficiency in internal controls. Don’t let your auditors write you up. This webinar will cover how to develop an accounting procedures manual and what key documentation and steps are to be employed in conducting various accounting tasks ranging from budgeting to financial statement reporting. Learn the cruicial elements of internal control that should be documented. The session will not only focus on the role of the accounting staff, but also the general manager, treasurer, other officers and committees.
1. Understand why an accounting procedures manual is necessary and the benefits of having one.
2. Understand what should be in the manual, how the manual should be streamlined and compiled.
3. Be in a position to present the finished manual to the club’s general manager and board and get it approved for use.
John Daum, CPA is an audit partner with Condon O’ Meara McGinty & Donnelly LLP. James Gilson, CPA is a partner with Condon O’ Meara McGinty & Donnelly LLP.
Specialty Reporting Area: Finance