Gain valuable knowledge and earn official continuing education credits from the comfort of your office. This benefit is offered at no cost to HFTP members. The nonmember registration fee is $50.00.
Are You Registered for a Webinar?
Click the link below to access your classroom.
IS yOUR PRICING STRATEGY TRULY OPTIMISED?
A decade ago, dynamic pricing was an evolution. However, the concept of dynamic pricing as we have known presents a few challenges. User defined price-points have gaps that lead to lost opportunities and price is not matched to demand by Room Class or Product Type. Technology advancements and more efficient data capabilities today provide access to greater information and knowledge that allow us to drive a more optimal pricing strategy. Attendees will learn how to:
- Align room class or product type demand with pricing
- Leverage advanced analytics into bulk or group pricing decisions
- Apply “what if” analysis to measure and monitor pricing decisions
Tuesday, July 9
9:00 AM Pacific, 10:00 AM Mountain, 11:00 AM Central, 12:00 PM Eastern, 16:00 UTC
Understanding Pre-Opening Expenditures
This webinar will review the results of a recent HFTP Research Center and University of Houston Conrad N. Hilton College of Hotel and Restaurant Management study regarding the pre-opening process. The objectives of this webinar are:
- Introduce the pre-opening process in the hotel environment and highlight some key findings of the study.
- Analyze the type of costs that should be in the pre-opening budget versus other construction, working capital or FF&E budgets.
- Discuss what is considered pre-opening per GAAP and how it applies to hotels.
- Review the results of the survey in regards to staffing onboarding for management and hourly staff.
- Outline the role of technology in the overall pre-opening process in regards to selection, training and installation of systems.
- Summarize the overall importance of each component of the budget and the construction timeline and how overruns could be mitigated with proper planning.
Webinar participants will leave with a better understanding of what are considered pre-opening expenditures and the importance of monitoring of the construction process in order to maximize the pre-opening budget and avoid overruns.
Cloud Adoption - benefits and challenges
This is the second of a 2-part webinar on Cloud adoption and benefits. This webinar will discuss:
- What changes other than the technology?
- People, Process, Procurement - what changes?
- Target operating models - what not to do
- Security and managing my cloud footprint
- What next?
July 31, 2019
11:00 AM Pacific, 12:00 PM Mountain, 1:00 PM Central, 2:00 PM Eastern
Registration opens soon.
Co-hosted by HFTP and CMAA
Update on the Changing Accounting Standards & Revenue Recognition for Clubs
In 2018, the Club Management Association of America (CMAA) in conjunction with Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP) delayed the eighth edition of the Uniform System of Financial Reporting for Clubs due to pending changes in three key accounting standards and their potential impact on private clubs. The three accounting standards involve revenue recognition which may impact how a club reports initiation fees, Financial Statement Presentation of Not-for-Profit Entities, and the lease standard. In this webinar, representatives from the public accounting firms in the club space will provide an update on these changes and how they are likely to impact the presentation of a club’s audited financial statements.
CPE Accreditation - Group Internet Based – Live Webinars
Participants may obtain 1.2 CPE maintenance points and continuing professional education credit hours (CPEs) for various certification programs by attending each of HFTP’s Live Webinars.
Individual sessions are presented as an overview of the topics. No advanced preparation is required nor are there prerequisites required for attending any of the group live webinars. Courses presented via HFTP’s live webinars utilize a Group-Internet Based instructional method.