“Why Join HFTP” Contest Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP®) is holding a “Why Join HFTP” video contest. The contest starts September 6, 2018 and ends December 1, 2018.
1. Eligibility: The contest is open to all HFTP Members. HFTP staff and HFTP Board of Directors or family members of HFTP Staff and HFTP Board of Directors are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Entrants (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of HFTP as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
3. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by submitting a video of “Why Join HFTP” to the contest submission form here. Video entries will be accepted starting on September 6 and ending December 1, 2018 3:00 p.m. CST. All online entries must be received by December 1st, 2018 3:00 p.m. CST.
One (1) grand prize will be awarded to the winning team. The submission must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. You may enter only once. The Grand prize is $1,000 USD and will be awarded to the winning team.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook or Instagram. Only one video per team can be used to enter the contest.
VIDEO GUIDELINES: Contest videos must complete the submission form by December 1, 2018 3:00 p.m. CST to be valid. Videos must be original; may not have won previous awards; may not have been previously published; may not be obscene or indecent; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about HFTP or its products or services, or other people, products or companies; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which HFTP wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations; and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses. Videos not in compliance with the Video Guidelines will be disqualified.
BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO, CONTESTANTS ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER/THEIR VIDEO MAY BE SHARED OR POSTED ON HFTP’S WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA, IN HFTP’S DISCRETION. Submission of a video grants HFTP and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such video in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
VIDEOS SUBMITTED ARE NOT EDITED BY HFTP AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF TEAM ENTRANTS AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF HFTP IN ANY MANNER.
By submitting a video, you agree that your video is gratuitous and made without restriction, will not place HFTP under any obligation, and that HFTP is free to disclose the ideas contained in the video on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your video, HFTP does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to HFTP, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
4. Prizes: One winning team of the contest (the “Winning Team”) will be chosen. The winning team will receive $1,000.00 USD. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by HFTP. No other prize substitutions shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winning Team. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HFTP to use Winning Team’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: The Winning Team will be selected for the best video by appointed HFTP representatives. The Winning Team will be notified by the information submitted in the submission form. HFTP shall have no liability for Winning Team’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If the Winning Team cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited, and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY THE WINNING TEAM (AT HFTP’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN THE TEAM’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Rights Granted by You: By entering this video content, You understand and agree that HFTP, anyone acting on behalf of HFTP, and HFTP’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
7. Terms & Conditions: HFTP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond HFTP’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, HFTP may select the Winning Team from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by HFTP. HFTP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any team who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. HFTP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different videos; creating multiple accounts to enter, spamming with duplicate videos, and using irrelevant information will lead to disqualification from the video contest; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, HFTP reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless HFTP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
9. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
10. Privacy Notice: Information submitted with an entry is subject to the Privacy Notice stated on the HFTP’s website. To read the Privacy Notice, click here.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winning Team’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: HFTP, 11709 Boulder Land, Ste. 110, Austin, Texas 78726. Requests must be received no later than December 31, 2018.