“Your HFTP” Selfie Contest Terms and Conditions
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
Hospitality Financial and Technology Professionals (HFTP ®) is holding a “Your HFTP” Selfie contest during the HITEC Toronto conference. The contest starts Monday, June 26 and ends Thursday, June 29, 2017.
1. Eligibility: The contest is open to registered HITEC Toronto attendees. HFTP staff and HFTP Board of Directors are not eligible to participate in the Contest.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, you agree to accept the decisions of HFTP as final and binding as it relates to the content of this contest.
3. How to Enter: The contest must be entered by taking a selfie photo while wearing your HFTP activity tracker in the photo in the most unique location at HITEC or around Toronto. Then tweet your photo on Twitter including the hashtag #HITECtor.
HITEC Toronto registered attendees can pick up the free HFTP activity tracker (while supplies last) at the HFTP Member Lounge on Level 700 at the Metro Toronto Convention Centre on Monday, June 26 through Thursday June 29, or Tuesday, June 27 through Thursday June 29 or at HFTP Booth #1137 in the exhibit hall during posted hours.
Selfie entries will be accepted on Twitter starting on Monday, June 26 at 12:00 p.m. EDT and ending June 29, 2017 2:00 p.m. EDT. All online entries must be received by Thursday, June 29, 2017 2:00 p.m. EDT.
One (1) grand prize and one (1) runner-up prize will be awarded. The entry must fulfill all contest requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. You may enter only once.
This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter or Facebook. Only one Twitter account per individual can be used to enter the contest.
TWEET GUIDELINES: Contest tweets must contain the hashtag #HITECtor in order to be valid. Tweets must be original; may not have won previous awards; may not have been previously published; may not be obscene or indecent; cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, profane or pornographic, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; cannot be offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about HFTP or its products or services, or other people, products or companies; cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which HFTP wishes to associate; may not invade privacy or other rights of any person, firm or entity; may not in any other way violate any applicable federal, state or local laws or regulations of Twitter.com Terms of Service; and cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses. Creating multiple accounts to enter, spamming with duplicate Tweets, and using irrelevant hashtags will lead to disqualification from the Twitter contest. Tweets not in compliance with the Tweet Guidelines will be disqualified.
BY SUBMITTING A TWEET, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER TWEET MAY BE SHARED OR POSTED ON HFTP’S WEBSITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA, IN HFTP’S DISCRETION. Submission of a tweet grants HFTP and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such tweet in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
TWEETS POSTED TO THE HFTP WEBSITE ARE NOT EDITED BY HFTP AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by HFTP does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants.
By submitting a tweet, you agree that your tweet is gratuitous and made without restriction, will not place Sponsor under any obligation, and that HFTP is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Tweet on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your tweet, HFTP does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to HFTP, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
4. Prizes: Two winners of the contest (the “Winners”) will be chosen. The Grand prize winner will receive an Oculus Rift – value appox. $499.99 USD and the Runner-up winner will receive a $250.00 USD Amazon gift card. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by HFTP. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted. The prize is nontransferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for HFTP to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
5. Winner Selection and Notification: Two Winners will be selected for the best selfie photo by an appointed HFTP representative. Winners will be notified by direct message through Twitter by July 14, 2017. HFTP shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, or fails to claim the prize within 30 days from the time award notification was sent, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Contest is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT HFTP’S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CONTEST, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
6. Rights Granted by You: By entering this selfie photo content, You understand and agree that HFTP, anyone acting on behalf of HFTP, and HFTP’s licensees, successors, and assigns, shall have the right, where permitted by law, to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use in any media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity and throughout the World, without limitation, your entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, image, statements about the Contest, and biographical information for news, publicity, information, trade, advertising, public relations, and promotional purposes without any further compensation, notice, review, or consent.
7. Terms & Conditions: HFTP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the contest should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond HFTP’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Contest. In such case, HFTP may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by HFTP. HFTP reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. HFTP has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Contest, to void entries for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different Twitter profiles; creating multiple accounts to enter, spamming with duplicate Tweets, and using irrelevant hashtags will lead to disqualification from the Twitter contest; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the contest may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such attempt be made, HFTP reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
8. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless HFTP and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Contest and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
9. Disputes: THIS CONTEST IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE UNITED STATES AND THE STATE OF TEXAS, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Contest, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in the State of Texas having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Contest). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
11. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: HFTP, 11709 Boulder Land, Ste. 110, Austin, Texas 78726. Requests must be received no later than July 31, 2017.