Prepare for the CHTP
HFTP supports applicants in their journey toward earning a CHTP designation. Take advantage of the numerous resources and learning tools available to you.
CHTP Online Platform — Powered by Ascend, the site provides a variety of study material including a review presentation, podcasts and webinars. See overview.
PineappleSearch® — Search for a specifc topic from the review slides in PineappleSearch, the only hospitality-specific search engine. Review all articles relating to that topic which appear in the search results. More
The resources listed below are available for separate purchase:
Managing Technology in the Hospitality Industry Seventh Edition
Author: Michael L. Kasavana
©2016, 12 chapters, Softbound
Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology
Four (4) Issues per year.
2010 - Present
First Volume published in 2010.
Structured Computer Organization: (6th Edition)
Andrew S. Tanenbaum (Author), Todd Austin (Author)
ISBN 0273769243 (ISBN13: 9780273769248)
Hospitality Upgrade (industry trade journal)
Three issues per year
Spring, Summer and Fall
CERTIFICATION ADVISORY PROGRAM (CAP)
The Certification Advisory Program pairs candidates with an experienced advisor to provide one-on-one exam review and continued career support. More
Ready to Go
Be sure to complete these steps as you ready for the exam.
- Request transcripts — copies are acceptable, as well as a digital photo of your diploma.
- Request two letters of recommendation from your colleagues.
- Ask employer(s) to complete and sign Certificate of Experience (Form 7-4).
- Request Educational Point Requirement Certification for events for which you do not have proof of participation.
- Complete the Application for Examination and Summary of Earned Points. Be sure to indicate your choice of exam date. If you do not know when you wish to take the exam, you may check undecided.
- Notify the Certification Manager at least 10 business days prior to the date of the exam for paper-based and online exams.
- Sign and return the Ethics Agreement.
- Payment of examination fees.*
- Return the application and documents needed to apply in a single packet, or you may scan and email the information to the Certification Manager.
* HFTP will accept checks, wire transfers and credit cards for examination fees. If paying by credit card, include all information from the card to include: Name on the card, card type, expiry date, card number, and the three digit security number (CSC, CVS number).