Keynote Speaker: Rohit Talwar
Wednesday, 10 April
The Next Five Years of Business and Technology Disruptions
A highlight to the program is the keynote presentation by award-winning futurist Rohit Talwar. Talwar is an entrepreneur and specialist advisor on business transformation, disruptive strategies and radical innovation. Profiled as one the top 10 global future thinkers by the Independent newspaper, his controversial and inspiring keynote speeches enable teams to think differently, act fast and be first to the future.
Keynote Session Details:
Exponentially advancing technologies are enabling radical new ideas in business and together they are helping to spawn incredible ventures and disrupt existing ones. As a result we see 20-something’s becoming multi-millionaires, while "asleep-at-the-wheel" CEOs are being ousted because they simply haven’t paid enough attention to challenges of competing in the digital age. Digital illiteracy is now the single biggest risk to our organisations.
In this keynote session, global futurist and entrepreneur Rohit Talwar will take us on a journey to explore the key technologies that could impact the travel and tourism in the next five years, and examine how they could transform our organisations, strategies, propositions, and business models. Key topics to be explored will include:
- Critical forces and disruptions shaping the future over the next five years - economic, societal, and environmental
- How exponential technologies such as AI and blockchain could evolve
- How the Travel and Hospitality sector is already responding and how these new developments might impact the sector
- A Very human future - how can we ensure technology advances can be harnessed to serve people and enhance the guest experience
- Future strategies, propositions, and business models
- Leadership and skills development priorities to ensure a viable and desirable future
“Rohit includes a good mixture in his presentation of technology, as well as management and business strategies to cope with the various disruptors that will be coming our way," said HITEC Europe Advisory Council Chair Derek Wood.
Thursday, 11 April
10:15 - 11:30
The Next Industry Threat
If you think the biggest threat to our industry is the sharing economy, or OTAs, or AI replacing jobs, then you've missed the bigger picture. We've already given that away. Now, we run the risk of giving so much away that there will be no 'us' left. For such a long time, many in the industry said things like, "We aren't in the technology business..." and since then, others that are "in the technology business" have taken our business and money from us. Now big tech giants are poised to take even more.