HITEC EXHIBITOR MEETING & EVENT POLICIES
Meetings and special events held in conjunction with HITEC are a benefit for HITEC exhibitors only.
GENERAL MEETING/EVENT POLICIES
The following policies apply to ALL meetings/events held in conjunction with HITEC Toronto 2017 both inside the convention center and at offsite venues.
HFTP is committed to protecting your investment and customer base during HITEC. These policies help us deter activity by non-exhibiting vendors and collect information to determine the economic value HITEC brings to our host city.
- Only exhibiting companies in good standing are eligible to secure a meeting space inside the convention center or at official HITEC hotels.
- All outstanding booth and sponsorship payments must be paid by March 1, 2017 to be considered in good standing.
- If your exhibit space is canceled for any reason, all meeting space must be canceled and you will not be permitted to hold events during HITEC.
- Educational presentations at your meeting must not conflict with the HITEC education schedule.
- Subletting, securing space on behalf of non-exhibiting companies or selling sponsorships and/or display space at any event without specific approval from HFTP is not permitted.
Meeting attendance is limited to protect your customer base during the show and applies during the HITEC event hours listed below. Limits do not apply before or after these hours.
- Convention center meeting rooms attendance is limited to 35 participants.
- Offsite venue attendance is limited to 20 participants.
Mon., June 26: 10:30 AM - 8:00 PM
Tue., June 27: 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
Wed., June 28: 10:00 AM - 5:15 PM
Thur., June 29: 10:00 AM - 3:00 PM
**HFTP reserves the right to deduct two (2) priority points from exhibiting companies holding unapproved events during official HITEC event hours as well as for holding events in direct violation of the policies outlined here.
OFFSITE MEETING SPACE POLICIES
Offsite meeting space includes hotel meeting rooms, hospitality suites and other venues throughout the host city. Please read the general policies above.
- Applications for hotel meeting rooms and hospitality suites will be accepted from fully paid exhibitors ($0 balance for booth payments) only.
- Applications for guestroom suites (not used for meetings/events) and other offsite venues will be processed as they are received.
- You are responsible for all arrangements and payments for your event. Contact your preferred meeting location for information then submit an Offsite Event Application Form for approval. If you are using an official HITEC hotel, we will notify the property and their representative will contact you to finalize your meeting arrangements.
Business Connection Cube Rental
Business Connection Cubes will be located in Meeting Room 801B of the Metro Toronto Convention Centre. The application process opens March 3, 2017 after the final booth payment deadline. Reservations will not be accepted prior to this date. Please read the general policies above.
Business Connection Cube applications will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited to one time period; per company, per day. A small selection of cube rentals will be available on-site.
Cube rooms include a small round table and four chairs. There is no audio visual or food and beverage service available in the hourly Business Connection Cubes.
CONVENTION CENTER MEETING ROOMS
The convention center meeting application process opens March 3, 2017 after the final booth payment deadline. Reservations will not be accepted prior to this date. Please read the general policies above.
Convention center meeting room inventory is limited and applications are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Every effort is made to match your meeting to the best sized room and location.
Space is limited to one room per organization.
The meeting room set up includes: 6’x8’ riser, lectern, skirted head table with chairs, water station in room and choice of room set: theater, classroom or rounds/banquet style. You are responsible for ordering and payment for additional furnishings, food and beverage orders, and any other service needs.
Help HITEC deter any violation activity by non-exhibiting vendors. If you see or hear of an unauthorized company holding events during HITEC, please alert show management at firstname.lastname@example.org or report to the HITEC Help Desk onsite in the convention center.