HFTP Member Directory Policy on Appropriate Use
Posted date: 23 March 2023
- Utilize the directory for professional networking purposes
- Contact a member for insight, ideas, and general feedback on how to handle a particular issue
- Contact members to discuss news and topics relevant to the field
- Share content with members that is solely informative or educational.
- Make unsolicited contact with other members to describe or promote your business or services, or to make a sale. • Use the directory contents to generate bulk communications, direct mail, or e-blast lists.
- Share the directory with third parties.
We encourage your use of the HFTP online membership directory for professional networking purposes with HFTP members for guidance and insight on best practices and experiences in the hospitality sector. However, you are not permitted to use the HFTP name, or the name of an HFTP meeting, program, product, or service, in your communications with directory organizations in a way that implies HFTP participates in, or approves of, the communication, or that implies HFTP’s endorsement or sponsorship of the content of your communications, without prior HFTP approval in writing.
The directory may not be used to sell or market a business, product, or service; to solicit contributions, sponsorships, or business opportunities; or for any unlawful use. The contents of the directory may not be used to generate mailing lists, e-mail lists, phone lists, or other lists for any commercial purposes.
You agree not to solicit the members unless your solicitation is a direct result of having obtained the members’ contact information from another source in the ordinary course of your business. You agree not to release or sell the directory or its contents to any third parties.
The contents of the directory are owned by and are the exclusive property of HFTP. Unauthorized use of the directory is prohibited and can subject you to damages plus attorney's fees. You acquire only a right to use the directory as authorized herein, and not any right of ownership in the directory.
By accessing the directory, you are agreeing to these terms and conditions.