HFTP Digital Learning Day
March 22, 2017
10:30 - 4:00 PM CST
HFTP Member - $20.00 USD per session
Nonmember - $50.00 USD per session
Don't miss HFTP's second annual Digital Learning Day. This completely online event will explore some of the hottest topics our industry faces today. Enjoy all of this great learning right from your own desktop. Session information is coming soon.
10:30 - 11:30 AM CST
Finance and IT professionals bump into ethical predicaments with surprising frequency. Worse, many don’t recognize them when they encounter them. Failing to recognize an ethical issue is means to resolving it by pure luck. This program looks beyond the canons of ethics to teach the skills needed for identifying ethical problems and the sharp thinking that professionals need to attack ethical problems.
Phillip Maltin is a partner at Lathrop & Gage, LLP.
12:00 - 1:00 PM CST
The Many Shades of Grey: Avoiding Costly Employment Litigation
This session will provide an overview of new developments in labor and employment law and their impact. The speakers will also address key employment issues and challenges facing companies that can result in costly employment litigation, and provide practical suggestions and strategic takeaways for employers to minimize the risks of such litigation.
1. Learn about the key developments in employment law.
2. Learn the tools and strategies to bolster your efforts to navigate and comply with employment laws.
3. Learn the practical steps necessary to strategically defend employment claims.
Melodie Craft is a Shareholder at Littler.
1:30 - 2:30 PM CST
Data Security: It Is Not Always About Systems
This session is a comprehensive exploration of data security as the business issue that it is. Long gone are the days of relegating data security as a process of allocating funds for a technological solution to a technological nuisance.
1. Explore the impact cybercrime in hospitality.
2. Determine whether data breaches in hospitality might be considered “tragedies wasted”.
3. Articulate the appropriate delegation of responsibilities for data security components.
Daniel Johnson is Partner and Co-Founder of Venza.
3:00 - 4:00 PM CST
Hot Topics of Immigration Law for the Club and Hospitality Industry
Visa and immigration issues have been front and center for the club and hospitality industry over the past few months. Northern organizations have been greatly affected by the H-2B visa cap being reached earlier than ever. The H-1B visa system continues to provide roadblocks for organizations in need of year-round talent. Travel bans, a border wall, and rumors of changes to various visa regulations have all been topics of conversation from coast to coast. This webinar will focus on understanding the current immigration landscape and what it means for clubs and hospitality organizations. We will also discuss visa options for private clubs and hospitality organizations, including the H-2B seasonal visa and year-round visa options with an eye toward understanding what the future will hold for these options under the new administration.
1. Learn about the current state of immigration law for the club and hospitality industry.
2. Understand solutions to successfully navigate the immigration minefield.
3. Learn about the new administration’s immigration goals and how these will shape the future of visa and immigration options for the club and hospitality industry.
Keith Pabian, Esq. is an immigration attorney at Pabian Law, LLC.
HFTP Digital Learning Day may contain different types of files, which may require you to have a certain piece of software to view these files. These files include, but are not limited to: PDFs, Microsoft Word Documents, Microsoft PowerPoints Files or MP3s.
To fully participate please make sure you have downloaded the latest versions of these general softwares.