Charter a Student Chapter
Chartering a student chapter is simple. Just follow the seven steps below.
- Contact the HFTP Global office and notify them of your intent to charter a student chapter.
- Form an organizing committee of five interested individuals.
- The proposed student chapter should receive permission and follow the university's guidelines for setting up a student organization.
- Hold an organizational meeting encouraging students to join the proposed student chapter.
- The proposed student chapter must have 10 HFTP student members, plus a faculty advisor. Note: Faculty Advisors should contact HFTP for special membership dues pricing.
- At or following the general organizational meeting, the proposed chapter should nominate chapter officers and directors and create chapter bylaws.
- The HFTP Executive Committee reviews charter applications. The organizing committee will be notified of the Executive Committee’s decision within 30 days.
Charter applications consist of:
- 10 student members plus one faculty advisor. Download the Student Membership Application.
- Officer Listing. Complete the online form.
- Chapter Management Plan. Complete the online form.
- Chapter bylaws. Download sample Student Chapter Bylaws.
The HFTP Board of Directors determines the chartering policies and procedures for chapters.