Charter a Chapter
Interested in chartering an HFTP chapter in your area? The following resources and simple steps are all you need to do to make it happen.
Forms and Downloads
Download all the resources that officers need to operate and lead their chapter to success.
- Chapter Charter Procedures
- Pre-Charter Agreement Form
- Chapter Affiliation Agreement
- Sample Chapter Bylaws
- Employer Identification Number
How to Charter a Chapter
- Contact the HFTP Office to notify of your intent to charter a new HFTP chapter.
- HFTP will send out a communication to current members to call for volunteers to help establish the chapter. The HFTP Office can assist you with finding interested individuals in your area.
- HFTP Global will send potential members a letter of introduction to announce that a new chapter is going to be established
- Form a chapter chartering committee of five interested individuals and complete the Pre-Charter Agreement.
- The chapter chartering committee must hold an organizational meeting within 30 days of the execution of the Pre-Charter Agreement. HFTP Global can assist with the meeting.
- Following the meeting, the new chapter must have 15 paid HFTP members who choose to affiliate with the new chapter.
- Submit documents for official review from the HFTP Executive committee.
- Signed Chapter Affiliation Agreement
- Proposed chapter bylaws
- Slate of chapter officers
- List of 15 HFTP members (may also be chapter officers)
- The HFTP Executive Committee reviews the chapter’s charter application documents and the chapter will be notified of the Executive Committee’s decision within thirty (30) days after the receipt of all the chartering documentation.
The HFTP Board of Directors determines the chartering policies and procedures for chapters.