REGIONAL CONFERENCE PLANNING GUIDELINES
General Guidelines/Helpful Information
- Plan and promote a meeting program that will attract the majority of chapter members.
- Strongly encourage all chapter officers and directors to attend the meeting.
- Invite members of allied associations to attend the meeting, if appropriate.
- Obtain audio/visual needs, microphone, screen, projector, etc.
- Inform the speaker (officer or director) of the type and size of audience they will be addressing.
- Obtain a biography on the speaker for use in the introduction.
- Provide a minimum of one hour for the speaker to complete the presentation and address any questions that follow.
- Reconfirm the schedule and arrival time with the speaker in writing.
- Send the speaker a copy of the meeting agenda. A copy should also be forwarded to the global office.
- Reconfirm arrangements (travel, accommodations, etc.) 72 hours prior to the speakers arrival.
Regional Conference Date Approval
- Regional conference dates must be approved by HFTP Global.
- Regional conference may not be scheduled within 30 days prior to HITEC, HFTP Annual Convention or any scheduled HFTP events without approval from HFTP Global.
- At least one (1) host chapter and two (2) sponsoring chapters should be involved in the organization of the regional conference.
- The conference outline and list of regional planning committee members should be provided to HFTP Global.
- The regional conference proposed budget should be submitted to HFTP Global.
Speaker Stipend Application
- The host chapter may apply for a $500 USD stipend, per each professional chapter participating in the regional conference to off-set speaker expenses.
- Stipends will be payable to the host chapter after the event. Applications must be submitted within 30 days following the event.
- The speaker stipend must be allocated for contracted speaker fees.
- Speaker contracts must be submitted with the Speaker Stipend Application. Applications submitted without the speaker contracts will not receive regional funding.
- Chapters on probation are not eligible for the stipend.
- Chapter may request for the HFTP CEO or Global Officer to attend the regional conference.
- Request should be submitted at least 3 months prior to the date of your event.
- The CEO or Global Officer will present the HFTP Update.
- The chapter may request a specific HFTP representative; however, the visitor will be assigned based upon individual schedules.
Regional Conference Marketing
- Regional conferences should include “Regional” in the conference title.
- Regional conferences are a chapter sponsored event and not produced by HFTP Global.
- Regional conferences should be promoted as being regional in all printed and electronic materials.
- For legal matters and to reduce chapter liability, a proof of the printed or electronic brochure, email or other marketing material must be submitted to HFTP Global for approval.
- Regional conferences may be promoted thru the HFTP News and social media channels. The host chapter is responsible for providing information to the HFTP Communications Department.
- Chapters have an option of hosting certification reviews and exams during the regional conference.
- Complete and submit to HFTP Global the Chapter or Regional Hosted Review/Exam Request Form located in the Regional Planning Submission Center.
- When hosting both the CHAE and CHTP Review Sessions:
- Scheduling Recommendation: Review Sessions - AM / Exam - PM
- Accommodations for Reviews/Exam:
- For both CHAE and CHTP Reviews you will need two rooms with AV package.
- For only one designation you will need only one room with AV package and WiFi. Suggest Review in the AM and Exam (WiFi needed) in the PM.
- When hosting an Exam only, you will need only one room (may host both CHAE and CHTP exams) with WiFi.
Continuing Education Credit
- A minimum of eight (8) hours of continuing education credits must be provided at the regional.
- Complete and submit the HFTP Regional CPE Planning Template 60 days prior to conference.
- Upon completion of the Regional, attendees are to submit their respective Regional CPE Verification Form. The link will be provided via program scheduling and announced during the event(s).
If you have questions regarding regional conference planning, please contact the Regionals Conference department at Regionals@hftp.org.