Program for HFTP Certifications
The Certification Advisory Program is a program designed to assist CHAE and CHTP certification applicants in achieving their HFTP certification designation.
The Certification Advisory Program brings together both candidates and advisors, who will help and support candidates in one-to-one interactions, as a supplemental review option for the certification exams.
*Exam Applicants: Please be sure to designate on the application if you wish to participate in the CAP program.
"I have been trying to achieve the CHAE designation for several years. I studied and studied and a few of the sections I just couldn’t get through. I worked with a mentor for a few months who helped me realize that I knew the material, I just needed help building my confidence and being held accountable for the knowledge that I didn’t use every day. I don’t think I would have made it through the last few sections without this program."
Become a CAP Advisor
The Certification Advisory Program is looking for experienced HFTP designee advisors.
What is Involved in Being a CAP Advisor?
- Advisors must be an HFTP member and also an ACTIVE designee (CHAE or CHTP) status.
- One (1) year commitment, cannot serve consecutive years.
- One (1) candidate per six (6) month period. (unless additional candidates are approved by Advisory Council)
- Monthly commitment will be a minimum of 2 hours. (via conference call, email and/or face-to-face – if possible)
- Approved Certification Advisory Program advisors earn CPE credits.
How Can I Apply to Be An Advisor?
- To be considered as a CAP advisor, applicants must submit the program application.
- Once the advisor application is submitted, there is an approval process in which applicants will be notified after review.
- Advisors will be provided tools and resources to assist in their training before being matched with a candidate.
If you are interested in being considered for an advisor, please submit the CAP application today.
If you have questions regarding the Certification Advisory Program, please email Robin Bogdon, HFTP Certification Manager.