+1 (512) 220-4021
All paperwork and payment must be received no later than 10 days prior to your chosen exam date. Upon receipt of all the above information, the Certification Administrator will advise you no less than two weeks prior to the exam date whether you are eligible to sit for the exam.
Prepare Yourself for the CHAE
- Request transcripts - Copies are acceptable as well as a digital photo of your diploma.
- Request two letters of recommendation from your colleagues.
- Ask employer(s) to complete and sign Certificate of Experience (Form 6-4).
- If needed, request Educational Point Requirement Certifications for any non-HFTP events for which you do not have proof of participation.
- Complete the Application for Examination and Summary of Earned Points. Be sure to indicate your choice of exam date. If you do not know when you wish to take the exam, you may check undecided.
- Notify the Certification Administrator at least 10 business days prior to the date of the exam for paper-based and online exams.
- Sign and return the Ethics Agreement.
- Payment of examination fees.*
- Return the application and documents needed to apply in a single packet, or you may scan and email them to the Certification Administrator.
We offer both PRIVATE and PUBLIC exams for convenience!
*HFTP will accept checks, wire tranfers and credit cards for examination fees. If paying by credit card, include all information from the card to include: Name on the card, card type, expiry date, card number, and the three (3) digit security number (CSC, CVS number).